Your auditors are amazing! I don’t know how they find the things they find!
-Transportation Analyst, International manufacturer of electrical, electronic and lighting products
Global Freight & Parcel Post Audit Overview
Freight charges are not just the result of simple multiplication, but a combination of various and complex factors, i.e. commodity, mode, weight, distance, origin, destination, tariff regulations, and contractual terms. The application of these factors is further complicated by the nature and specifics of the individual shipment and the route it takes. Highly experienced and skilled professionals are required to accurately and thoroughly audit transportation costs. We possess these subject matter modal experts, which in combination bring over a half-millennium of transportation experience to our Clients.
To facilitate a thorough post-audit, Trans Audit establishes recurring feeds of electronic and paper invoices, bills of lading, contracts, rates, and payment information to perform a recurring review. The breadth and depth of our Freight & Parcel Post Payment Audit are expansive:
- Audit and analysis of all global freight, parcel, processing and logistics charges
- Line item reconciliation of contract terms, rates, classifications, and tariffs with billing
- Billing and payment analysis at the invoice, bill of lading, container/car level, etc.
- Service level confirmation and recovery for failed deliveries
- Identification of overcharges and substantiation of refund claims
- Formulation and filing of overcharge refund claims
- Structured end to end claim management from submission through resolution
- Recovery of historical and ongoing overbillings and overpayments
- Identification of cost reduction and contract improvement opportunities
- Multi-lingual support and a presence in Asia and Europe enables worldwide review, especially in high volume lanes
As we work directly with your carriers and/or freight bill payment firms to collect data and negotiate and ascertain refunds, the amount of time expended by our Clients and their staff is minimal!
Global Freight & Parcel Post Audit – Scope of Services
The breadth and depth of our Freight & Parcel Post Audit is expansive and comprehensive of all worldwide transportation costs:
- Post payment audit of all global, international, domestic, inbound and outbound freight, parcel, processing, and logistics charges
- Comprehensive air, rail, ocean, barge, tank, bulk, truck, LTL and small package review
- Review and confirmation of contract terms and rate sheets
- Line item reconciliation of contract terms and tariffs with billing
- Validation of all freight bills against bill of lading, as available
- Confirmation of rates, payments, payment terms, payment ownership, currency, accessories, service levels, discounts, classifications, commodities, class, tariff reference points, weights, mileage, fuel surcharges, incentives, rebates, rolling averages, etc.
- Recovery of overbillings, unutilized credits, erroneous and multiple payments
- Logistics review of recurring shipments to identify hidden